The You First Foundation is pleased to support families who’ve been adversely affected by traumatic medical events by awarding scholarships to students to continue their education. Each year through your generous financial contributions, we award deserving students with scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. In 2018 alone, we gave away $34,000 in scholarships.
The You First Foundation is a charitable organization formed by the employees of First Service Credit Union after the loss of a coworker and beloved friend from a brain aneurysm. The foundation’s mission is to improve the lives and educational opportunities of those affected by traumatic medical events.
This scholarship is designed to assist students, of all ages, in furthering their education. In addition to being affected by a traumatic medical event, the applicant must meet the following qualifications to be considered for the scholarship.
- Be a resident of the United States.
- Be a high school graduate or GED recipient.
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational school within the United States. Part-time and full-time students may apply.
- Must have a 2.7 minimum GPA.
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
- Provide high school or GED transcripts.
- If applicable, provide college, university, or vocational school transcripts.
Applications will be accepted May 2 – June 30, 2019. All applications are reviewed by the You First Foundation Scholarship Committee. The committee is comprised of foundation board members and operates as an independent panel to identify the best candidates. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by July 15, 2019.
You First Foundation will award deserving students scholarships between $1,000 and $5,000. The scholarship is payable directly to the educational institution.